The "WRITE STUFF" Handwriting Camp starts July 11!
The “Write” Stuff
Handwriting Camp in our Bluffton Clinic
5-week session to help your child refine prewriting and writing skills in a small group setting
Camp Dates: July 11, 18, (off 25), August 1, 8, 15
Fridays at 4:00-5:00pm
- The handwriting camp is designed by an occupational therapist certified in Handwriting Without Tears to teach your child letters and numbers, using a multi-sensory approach for better learning.
- The camp is designed for children ages 5-7 years (Kindergarten/First Grade) that have already been introduced to letters at school but are having a hard time maintaining or progressing.
- Each session will have a fine motor warm-up, Handwriting Without Tears instruction and a 10-minute demonstration period for parents to observe skills learned for home program.
- The handwriting camp is not considered therapy services, therefore you do not need a doctor’s order, and insurance will not cover the costs of the camp. If you feel your child needs additional services, or if unsure if the handwriting camp will benefit your child, please call Lowcountry Therapy Center to discuss your child’s needs.
- Children attending the handwriting camp must be able to follow directions and participate in a small group during the length of the session.
- The cost is $275 for the 5-week course (Early Bird, pay before June 30, 2014, $250). This amount includes all take-home and own materials, including your child’s own Handwriting Without Tears research proven tools: My First School Book Workbook, Slate Chalkboard, Roll-A-Dough Letters, Stamp & See Screen, Flip Crayons, and Little Chalk Bits. No refunds will be given if your child misses a session, and there will not be a make-up session for missed sessions.
- Lowcountry Therapy Center reserves the right to cancel the handwriting camp if the minimum enrollment of 3 is not met. Refunds will be provided if the handwriting camp if cancelled.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please call our office at (843) 815-699 or email Kate Meyer, OTR/L at firstname.lastname@example.org